Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Coffee, anyone?

Went out with friends on a whim last night for coffee. Never mind that it was a weekday and a Monday night at that. We just HAD to meet to discuss the latest ‘controversy’ involving a friend of ours (which turned out to be an early April Fool’s Day prank, for heaven’s sake!) Oh well… it was a good excuse to get together nonetheless. :)

Talked about life in general, love in particular. Love, relationships, sex, vanity…it was a 'no-holds barred' gabfest. It was refreshing to hear opinions from the male point of view, dissecting relationships and what went wrong. Ok, I admit, at one point during the night, my love/social life was the topic. Honestly, have been feeling pretty sad the past 2 weeks about a perceived ‘loss’, or to put it more accurately, the “ending of a relationship”. (Mind you, the word ‘relationship’ is used very loosely here.) ;->

I’ve learned that the ending of a relationship should not necessarily be considered a loss or a failure. And no, I’m not bitter. In fact, whenever I think of him, I recall mostly the happy memories we had, and cherish the time we spent together, no matter how short the time was. And honestly, being friends with him is an option since there are no ill feelings between us, and though this may sound so contrite, it is true that I really wish and pray for his happiness in life. He deserves to be happy, we both do! :)

I needed this. Being with friends lifted my spirit and reinforced my decision to end this particular relationship, which I felt was not going to go anywhere anyway. So just like the coffee we shared, (tea for me, actually!), you can say our get-together worked wonders! Pep talk/rally that it was! We all enjoyed the talk, sharing of opinions, experiences, and generally, just enjoying each other’s company. Definitely, we will be doing this again, and soon! Coffee, anyone? :)