Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, March 18, 2005

Patrick’s birthday celebration

Just got home from our trip to the amusement center. Brought the kids to Star City. Got there quite early, thinking they were open since morning. Anyway, we arrived 3 p.m. and they were still closed! So had to 'click our heels' and waited for the place to open at 4 p.m.

The kids enjoyed the rides, from the Kiddie Bumper Cars, mini roller coasters, giant slides, The Lion King, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, etc. After 3 hours, we were tired! Or to be accurate, I was tired. I think 3 hours is my absolute limit in staying in noisy, amusement centers! I had a headache already!

Anyway, we were on our way out when we heard an announcement for a show at Star Theater, featuring Circus de Ballet. So decided to line up and stay for the show, and we’re glad we stayed! The show was great! The kids enjoyed watching the fire eaters, contortionists, trapeze artists, jugglers and the ballet dancers as well. The show started with 2 dancers emerging from a giant bamboo, and I explained to the kids that it was Filipino folklore’s “Malakas and Maganda”. There were so many things happening during the show that it was sometimes difficult to just focus on one thing! On stage were the ballet dancers, on the right side of the theatre were dancers in colorful costumes, then above were a high-wire balancing act of a pair of girls on a bicycle. The kids were in awe. Great entertainment!

On the cab on the way home, Paolo fell asleep but Patrick was wide-awake the whole time. Too excited to sleep. When I asked Patrick if he enjoyed his birthday celebration, he nodded to me and smiled. :) The kids were happy, so I'm happy :)