Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Badminton mania

I've been bitten by the badminton “bug” yet again! Actually, since I left my last job, have been bugging my friends (who are “stay-at-home moms”) to play with me. Last week they relented, and we’ve been going to this really nice badminton court. Airy, well lighted, and with 16 courts to choose from, there’s always a place for us. Plus, during off-peak hours, they have a “play all you can” promo and we pay only Php 50 each. Not bad! So last week, we played 2 days, 2 hours each day. Whew! That was a feat. After not playing for 4 months, suddenly playing again for 2 hours really got the sweat going. And the muscle pains after, oh my gosh! This week, we played Monday and Wednesday, and now, I’m actually waiting for them to drop by so we can go play again. So this will be the 3rd time this week that we’ve played. We’re all hoping to lose a few inches and pounds, so hopefully, badminton will do it for us. That, and actually lessening our eating binges! Ha ha ha… :)