Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Day 45

Today is day 45 of my being jobless… can’t believe it’s been that long! Which made me think of “Survivor”, the TV show. How many days do the contestants have to survive the Amazon, Pearl Islands, etc? Am thinking they only need 30 or so days before they declare a winner. (Or should I say, before a winner is chosen by the jury…) So if I was to compare Survivor to my life now, I would have already won the “Survivor: On the Homefront”… or “Survivor: Jobless”… :)

Am getting antsy, got to admit. Feeling the ‘angst’… I’ve always said I enjoy the ‘vacation’ and staying with the kids, and not missing the work-related stresses (deadlines, headaches brought on by uncooperative co-workers, demanding superiors, heavy traffic and commuting, etc.) but being jobless has its own share of stresses, too! Wondering how to pay off my insurance premiums which are becoming due, preparing for tuition and other expenses this coming school year, etc. (Take note, all these are money-related stresses, so am thinking even if I don’t work full-time but find another way to earn money, then these stresses will not give me as much headaches…) So I guess that’s my primary concern now. Thinking of going into business with a friend of mine, selling imported items. Just need to wait for money to come in and we’re ready to start. :)

And am proud to say I’ve finally finished my scrapbook of my baby pictures. Organized the pics, cut out a lot of colorful pics from magazines, and used them to decorate my scrapbook. Looks pretty good! Need to work on the kids’ scrapbooks next.

As for Toastmasters, finished writing speech #3, and just waiting for my chance to deliver it next meeting… At least, one less item to worry about… :)