Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Job hunt update

Just stayed here at home the whole day, compared to the past 2 days when I went to Makati for interview/s. Last Tuesday, I was interviewed by a headhunter for a call center based in Quezon City. And though it’s a call center, the HR Manager will report 9-6 and not graveyard shift like the rest of the employees (CSRs, TSRs, etc.). I was told that there will be times though, that the HR manager will have to report during the graveyard shift to meet with the operations manager, the employees, etc. Seems okay. The call center is medium-sized, 250-350 employees, but the HR Manager will be in charge of the whole range of HR functions (recruitment, compensation, training, etc.) Whereas in other call centers, medyo specialized ang HR, and a different person is in charge of the different HR operations. Hmmm... still not too keen on joining a call center since I know that turnover is high, and recruitment is going to be on full throttle to replace people as they go. we'll see... am not closing my doors on any opportunities right now until I get more info.

Then yesterday (Wednesday), I was interviewed for an HR Manager post at an IT company. Funny thing is, my resume’ was handed to the HR by a friend of a friend (who I happened to have met only last December). And according to him, there was no opening in HR. So I was surprised when I got a call to come in for an interview. Turns out that the HR manager will be leaving the company end of February, and right now, not too many employees know about it yet. So my resume’ was given to them at just the right time. Serendipity! :) Anyway, I have another interview with the HR Director tomorrow and I think they’re really in a hurry to hire someone, so there will be proper turn-over. Don’t know what to expect, and if this is really for me. So am praying and seeking a sign. Honestly, am pretty excited at the prospect. Who knows? I'm really looking for a company where i'll stay for the long run. We'll see! Pray for me. :)

You know, applying these days is soo easy compared to past years. Applying through email is not only acceptable, but expected! So no long lines at companies, submitting hard copies of resumes' personally, etc. Applying online really is the way to go nowadays. Thank GOD for technology and the world wide web! :)