Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Job-hunting

Went for my first job interview this year. Was there bright and early this morning, 7:30 a.m., no less! Felt kinda “funny/different” while on the MRT, commuting to the office for the interview, thinking of how things will be once I’m working again. No more staying home with the kids, no more late nights out (well, maybe once in a while! :) ), no more waking up even later than usual, and no more watching TV all day. (Well, in fairness, I don’t really watch TV all day, but knowing that I can should I choose to do so, is a plus to staying at home). :)

On the other hand, nothing beats the feeling of ‘security’ of having a regular job. Yup, nothing like a full-time job with all the perks! Paid holidays/vacations, paid sick and vacation leaves, bonuses, free medical insurance, etc. ... Have been on 'mini' vacation for almost three weeks now, and enjoyed myself to the fullest. Still so many things to do around the house, but then I guess these ‘chores’ will never run out! Besides, I feel refreshed and ready to take on the pressures of the corporate world again. Never really thought I’d say this, but YES, I’m ready to go back to work! Bring it on! :)

And the job-hunting saga continues… :)