Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, January 21, 2005

Accomplishment report

I can’t believe it’s Friday already. Decided to do an accomplishment report to gauge how much work I’ve actually done. Feeling ‘corporate’ pa din. He he he. :) So I went over my list…

As far as my application is concerned, have updated my resume’ and registered for an online recruitment search. A headhunter friend of mine is also referring me to her clients. So can afford to sit back and wait in the meantime. I find it so convenient to apply online! Imagine, just staying at home and (borrowing the slogan for the yellow pages), to let my fingers do the walking. Isn’t technology great?

Was able to clean out our filing cabinet and arrange my files into it. So that’s one thing less on my list. Then last night, finished 4 handwritten letters to relatives abroad, including my parents’. And that was difficult ha! I guess I’ve been so dependent on using the pc and keyboard that writing actually took a lot of effort! To think that they were just short letters, couldn’t believe that my hand felt sore after that. So anyway, went to the post office earlier to mail my letters. Believe it or not, this was my first time to ever step into the post office. Considering I’ve lived here almost all my life, I'm embarrassed to say that I had to ask directions pa from my brother where the post office was. True! Shame on me…

This week, was able to prepare 2 types of dessert (Mango Refrigerator Cake, and Creamy Fruit Gelatin), and the kids loved it! Honestly, even the kids’ yaya is happy that I’m around. For a number of good reasons! One, she gets help doing the chores, and taking care of the kids, and secondly, she hardly needs to cook at all when I’m here! The bad thing lang is that I’m afraid I’ll be gaining weight from all my cooking (and eating…). Boo hoo hoo…

All throughout this week, have been going out daily to do errands. Went to the bank, drugstore, grocery, photo shop, whatever! Patrick is my erstwhile companion/bodyguard while his kuya Paolo is still at school. Funny thing is, whenever we go out, we always end up bringing even more food when we return. Losing weight is gonna be an especially difficult battle... :)