Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Saturday, January 15, 2005

News flash!

Yesterday was my last day at work! YES!!!

Honestly, it was a decision I was agonizing over. Not whether to resign or not, because it was a given that I was really going to resign anyway. What I was agonizing over was ‘when’.

I tendered my resignation last week also, and I was so surprised when they offered that I stay on until I found another job. And once I found another job, I only had to give them a day’s notice and they’d let me go. I couldn’t believe that they would offer such an arrangement. Would you? Well, maybe they knew they couldn’t stop me from resigning anyway.

So anyway, I was considering staying on if even just for a few days more. My mind was telling me to grab that offer, thinking of the practical reasons. But my heart was telling me differently. Guess who won… ;)

Instead of detailing the reasons why I left, suffice it to say that I didn’t “fit” the organization, and the organization didn’t fit me. I had really been considering resigning for the longest time. I felt it when I would have trouble pulling myself out of bed, and when Sunday nights, I was already dreading Monday morning and going to work. I wasn't happy, i was stressed out, and i was exasperated! So when I finally decided to go through with my plan of resigning, it was as if a burden had been lifted from my shoulders, to tell you honestly! It was the first time in weeks that I had restful sleep. :-)

So what do I plan to do with my free time? Well, Monday is already booked as I’m scheduled to undergo a training/sales simulation with a global training firm. (Which reminds me that I’ll have to buckle down and finish my pre-work materials tomorrow, Sunday). Tuesday, am going to Paolo’s school to pick up his report card. Then the rest of the week, I PLAN to organize, organize, organize. I just realized I’ve got more than a year’s worth of pictures that I haven’t put into our photo albums yet! I really want to make this a productive “mini” vacation (I hope!).