Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year 2005

As planned, yesterday (New Year’s Eve) had dinner at the usual time, then went to sleep. I distinctly remember what happened last year, with Patrick throwing up so many times that we hardly got to sleep. Turns out that a neighbor gave him sparklers to play with (without our knowledge), and we suspected then that he may have accidentally ingested some of the powder from the sparklers. Maybe from eating without washing his hands? Who knows?! I just remember our hospital stay from the ‘poisoning’, on the very first day of the year 2004! Also, the smoke from the firecrackers is terrible, so I don’t want my kids outside the house during the New Year’s eve celebrations. Knowing how easily they get coughs and colds, didn’t want to take the risk of them getting sick again.

So anyway, I think we were the only ones in our neighborhood who actually stayed inside that whole time. The kids were in bed, and asleep by 10:30, and it was a wonder they were able to sleep soundly considering the loud noise from the firecrackers/works outside! Patrick at one point, covered his ears, but still stayed asleep. Cutie! :)

New Year’s Day...Met with the rest of our clan, and we spent the day eating, laughing, and as expected, the board games were brought out. Board games marathon...let the games begin! “Taboo”, “Cranium” then “Outburst”! Lots of fun, and definitely addictive. Afterwards, felt drained...tired from thinking too much! Ha ha ha! :D

On a more serious note, can't help but wonder what's in store for me this new year. A new job perhaps, so early in the year? Am really looking forward to this new year. Need to write out my goals, and more importantly, my plans to reach those goals. Keep posted for the details... ;->

My immediate goal now is to get some well-deserved sleep. Nighty-night! :)

Again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Here's praying for a great 2005! GOD bless us all!