Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

To do

So this is how it feels to be jobless. I woke up 9 a.m. (well, actually woke up earlier than that, but didn’t get up until 9), stretched, yawned, then lingered in bed some more… I can get used to this! Ha ha ha! Seriously, I knew I had to get up and wake myself up or else I’d waste the whole day in bed. So many things to do!

Got up to shower, then after breakfast, went out with Patrick to the bank for some errands. Then before preparing lunch, prepared dessert – Mango Refrigerator Cake. With cream, condensed milk, mangoes, and graham crackers, this is a treat that the kids enjoy!

Actually, Monday was my first day “in between jobs” (a nicer term to use than ‘jobless’… he he he) but that doesn’t count since I was out for a training simulation. It’s actually still part of the application process for this company I’m applying for, but since it was the WHOLE day and there were so many activities, it felt like work! Really! All I wanted to do when I got home was to lie in bed and sleep.

Am treating the next few days as a ‘mini-vacation’, but I want these days to be productive. Don’t want to wake up at the end of 2 weeks, and find that I wasn’t able to accomplish anything! No way. So I plan to write down all the things I plan to do, chores I’ve inadvertently put off, and cross off my list as I go. So, here’s my ‘to-do’ list:
* Update my resume’!
* Arrange my kids’ photo albums (a year’s worth of pictures!)
* Clean out our filing cabinet and arrange my files
* Give away (or throw out) the kids’ old toys and clothes
* Cook/prepare new dishes
* Arrange new payment options for paying for my bills (credit card, utilities, etc.)

Got to go, got to update my resume’ now. :)