Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, February 25, 2005

Trying to keep busy

Haven’t been posting for a while, and looking back, though things were happening in my life, it’s as if I wasn’t inclined to post it on my blog. Anyway, that is about to change. I just want to write…whatever comes to mind… whatever I feel like writing… whatever!

Btw, today's a holiday so the kids are here at home. Was originally planning to go to Subic for the weekend just for some fun on the beach, but decided against it. Knowing it's a holiday, for sure traffic will be heavy everywhere going out of Manila. And just thinking of the 3-hour drive (sans traffic) to Subic is enough to make me seriously consider even leaving the house. Oh well, there's always a next time. Summer is only beginning anyway, so there's still plenty of time to plan for an out-of-town jaunt. Something the kids (water babies as they are!) are looking forward to. :)

So what has been keeping me busy? Organization is a priority now. Have been taking the time to organize my files, as well as all the books and magazines I’ve accumulated. Also started making a scrapbook of my baby pictures. After I’m done with my pics, plan to start work on the kids’ scrapbooks / photo albums. It felt so good to finally finish one, so while I’m still in the mood for this, plan to work on some more albums.

And since I’ve been organizing, decided to give away my parents’ collection of back issues of Reader’s Digest. Dating back to the 80s, would you believe? Asked for their permission first, of course! I didn’t want to throw them away, as I knew that someone else might still find them useful. Luckily, found out about this organization (BROOD) whose project is to start community learning centers and libraries in depressed areas. The goal is to start at the grassroots and combat illiteracy. I’m also seriously considering volunteering for this organization since I’m not too busy nowadays anyway.

Also noticed that since I haven’t been working, my social life has been going great guns. Funny, huh? :) Honestly, the past weekends were spent with these new friends. Like one Sunday (February 13), had to bring JC to the airport for his trip back to China. Early breakfast, then mass at Baclaran Church. Then the following Saturday night was Fiona’s 25th birthday. Had a blast!

Basically, the past month, have had a chance to meet a lot of new people, quite young, and from backgrounds quite different from mine, but we still got along pretty well. Planning to meet up with them again for good food, and laughs. Good company! :)

On the homefront, hopefully the kids have been ‘enjoying’ my presence here at home. They get to try new dishes and I make it a point to cook what I know they’ll actually like. For one, they get to eat flavored French fries for snack, and get to drink as much chocolate milk as they like. Ice cream is not limited to dessert either. Paolo has a new “vice” now. He enjoys ice cream topped with chocolate syrup and pistachio nuts. Yum!

But on the other hand, now that I’m staying here at home, whatever the kids do gets more notice from me, too. Toys have to be cleared up after playing, afternoon naps have to be taken, and violent cartoons are a no-no. And after eating, their plates have to be clear of all food. Am thinking that they’re probably praying that their mommy gets a job soon just so I’d get off their backs! Ha ha ha!!! :D (We’re praying for the same thing!)

As for Toastmasters, am gearing up to do speech #3 during our next meeting. Just finished writing my piece. But I still need to practice, practice, practice… Have to tame those butterflies in the stomach and make them fly in formation. he he he... ;)