Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, September 11, 2005

"To let true love remain unspoken..."

"To let true love remain unspoken is the quickest route to man's graveyard"

Heavy, but ironically, heard this quote in a very 'light' movie. Guess? "Sky high"!

Anyway, I agree with that statement. But then again, i also got to thinking... How do you know if it’s true love? What if it’s just attraction, and not love?! There’s a thin line between showing love and becoming obsessed, right?!

I ponder these questions now, as this quote is quite timely. Just last night, a friend and I were counseling another friend (girl) of ours. This friend of ours is so deeply, madly in love with a former classmate of hers. And while we don’t know this guy personally, the way she described him, we wouldn’t be surprised if he could walk on water! That’s how so BLINDLY in love she was. At one point in our talk, she blurts out, “What if he doesn’t believe that I love him? What do I need to do to prove to him that I love him?” “WHOA!”, I almost shouted at her! “You do not HAVE to do anything more! The fact that you told him already how you felt, was more than enough. If he doesn’t make a move after that, then it is time to move on. He doesn't love you”.

I admit now, we were pretty harsh to her last night. But then again, she needed to hear all those things from us as she was acting literally 'drugged'. She was so depressed, that to lighten the mood we were teasing her that whatever drug she took, we didn't want it! Her eyes were glazed over and she was soooo sad. So unlike the bubbly girl we know. Worried? You bet we were! This was another case of unrequited love and we didn't want her suffering any more! The guy couldn't care less about her. But she was so out of it. Imagine her saying she'd give the guy 2 more years before she finally gives up on him! Two years!?!?! HELLO! "You will not waste 2 years of your life waiting for him"! But then she sadly replies, "But he's worth waiting for..."

Friends, if you ever find ME blubbering these sad little words, please please please, bang my head on the wall to wake me up!