Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, August 19, 2005

Budding entrepreneur

Getting home one night, Paolo greeted me by giving me a kiss on the cheek as usual, then handing over some money. Was so surprised, and I asked what the money was for, and where it came from. It turns out that that was the money he earned from selling CD copies of pc games. He was selling to his classmates, giving them a list of available games, getting their orders, which he would then deliver the next day. He related that he was even selling to his seatmates on the school bus!

The money he gave me, I’m keeping and depositing to his savings account. Paolo was so proud of his hard-earned money, and I’m a proud mom, too, knowing that this early, he’s learning the value of work, and earning money.