Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Living Juicy

Update - Work is still hectic, love life is still on hold, but generally, life is good! It's been raining every day for the past 9 days according to the news. Dunno what it is, but usually rainy days make me pensive and reflective, but today seems different. I woke up bright and chirpy and even the things which used to peeve me don't seem to bother me at all now. Dunno why. oh well! why question a good thing? :)

Or maybe it's because of something I came across recently. A good friend recommended a book to me, entitled "Living Juicy" by Sark. Basically, it says we need "juice" to nourish the sometimes dry and cracked feelings we have, and to give us the sweet, wild moments we crave. The book is

LIVING JUICY is jumping for joy on the inside. Sark gives us the juice to nourish our creative souls with this map and miniature guidebook. Weekly topics include "procrastinating," "energizing," "adventuring," "aging," and "shouting." Each daily affirmation is designed to stop those dry and cracked feelings and give us those sweet, wild moments we crave.

Just reading SARK's introduction feeds the soul:

"Living juicy is: Jumping for joy in the inside! In the midst of our daily lives, we must find the juice to nourish our creative souls. If we rush around, never look closely, or practice self-denial, we will begin to feel dry and cracked, for the lack of sweet, wild moments that elevate us, and those around us. The name for this is Living Juicy."

So this made me think, what are the things that I do to nourish my soul, and to help me live a happier, more creative, more fulfilled life? :)

I went back to my Gratitude Journal (read my August 5, 2004 blog) and affirmed the blessings in my life: my 2 handsome, wonderful sons; caring, loving, and supportive parents and brother, good health (mine and those I love), peace of mind, a stable job, etc. Then on to the things that I do to nourish my life are my extra-curricular activities, like Toastmasters, kickboxing, blogging(!), etc. It made me also realize that even small things I do to relax and rewind, also help to nourish my soul. Things like reading a book or magazine, playing with my kids, going out with friends... all simple things but nevertheless, they make me happy. And that's what's important. :)

Question now is: What are the things that that YOU do to live a happier, more creative, more fulfilled life?