Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Monday, August 15, 2005

Rowing?

Met with some friends last Friday night and instead of 'going out' for gimik, decided to spend a quiet night at Daniel's pad. Food, wine, music, and lots of talk. Lots of laughter, too, but still a very relaxed way to spend a Friday night. No loud music or lots of people jostling for space (which I imagine would happen if we were out at a bar)... just 5 friends sound-tripping to Ben's collection on his mp3 player.

And how did rowing get into the picture? Chamie recruited Dan into their rowing club, and now Dan is recruiting me. Aside from the fact that i can't swim, the early morning practice is a turn-off. Imagine, weekends are the only time I get to sleep in late, and if I decide to join for rowing, I'd have to be at CCP by 5 a.m.! On a weekend? Hello?!? Duh. Nice try. :)

But Dan has been very persistent and I promised I'd try it at least once before I say "no" with finality. So if weather permits, next week I'll be rowing. Imagine that! :)