Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Movie date

Saturday morning saw me and the kids trooping all the way to Libertad, Pasay. For what? It was for a homemade lunch of pork sinigang care of Dan. Ben had this bright idea of going to Dan’s place early Saturday and sent me text to drop by as well. Never mind that the kids and I were on our way to the mall for a movie. Now why would I change my plans just to join up with these guys? Well, definitely not just for the food as I can cook a pretty mean sinigang myself. What I couldn’t resist was the chance to meet up again with these good friends for good conversation and great laughs! And that we did enjoy!

After a hearty and sumptuous lunch, the kids and I then went to the mall to watch “Charlie and the chocolate factory”. The kids loved it! Am pretty sure I got to watch the original movie starring Gene Wilder, but I don’t remember a thing about it. But I’m sure that it was great fun to watch, too. (P.S. I got to watch the original movie, when it was shown on TV that same night. And I got to appreciate the changes which Tim Burton and Johnny Depp gave to the new movie.)

With the movie promise fulfilled, went window-shopping with the kids. And went home with 3 new tops, and a skirt, all at 50% off from one of my favorite shops, Space. Just couldn’t resist as I really needed to update my wardrobe anyway, and at these prices, it was well worth it. Hay, simple pleasures include finding great clothes on sale! :D