Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Movie mania

I saw 3 movies this past week, starting last Saturday. and no, i haven't seen movies this often for such a long time. Last Friday night, had planned to watch “Must love dogs” but when we got to the cinema, there was an advance screening for “Cinderella Man” instead in the theatre where “Must love dogs” should have been showing. So do we watch “cinderella man” instead? Nope. Am not really much of a Russell Crowe fan to begin with, and besides, wanted to watch something light. So settled for “The truth about love”, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt. Definitely a date movie, but no, this was not a date. I was with a very good friend, another one of my Will’s. :)

The next day, Mars and I (this time with Jennie and Ed) trooped again to the cinema, again planning to watch “Must love dogs”, but again, we’re disappointed. It’s not showing in the mall we went to, so what do we end up watching? “Sky High”! Definitely light, but surprisingly, quite an enjoyable movie! Plus “Warren Peace” (get it?  ) – Steven Strait is such a cutie. Mars was complaining after the movie that he had a bruise on his arm from all the pinching I did whenever “Solder” would be shown on screen. Hehehe… ;->

We’re still bent on watching “Must love dogs”. For one, it’s starring John Cusack, who I so like as an actor. Saw him on “say anything”, “america’s sweethearts”, “true colors”, “high fidelity”, “midnight in the garden of good and evil”… oops, don’t mention “serendipity” because THAT I didn’t see. Can’t even remember why, but still bummed that I haven’t seen it. (Which reminds me that I better get a DVD copy.). Anyway, I so love to watch romance/comedies and “must love dogs” fits the bill. Another date movie which I plan to watch with one of my Will’s and not with a date. So there!