Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Isang bagsak!

It’s a late Sunday night and the kids are asleep. So here I am in front of my computer, cup of tea in hand. Time to update my blog! Seems like weekends are the only time I get to do so. Had a terribly full week! Last Thursday was our first ‘Toasties’ meeting. Went pretty well! Don’t want to go into the details though. Suffice to say that I participated and did 1 of the ‘table topics’. :) Am scheduled to do my first icebreaker speech during our next meeting… Looking forward to it, though haven’t started preparing for it yet. Exciting!

Friday night went out for dinner with some friends. Didn’t stay out too late, and was home by 11.

Saturday went shopping at Greenhills. As in mega-shopping spree! My friend and I were there by 11 a.m. and didn’t leave until 8 p.m., would you believe?!? Shopped till we dropped, literally! Found a lot of great bargains that we had to do two trips back to the car just to unload some of the stuff, then went back to shopping. Each time we went back to the car, iba na katabi namin sa parking…Ha ha ha! Brought a lot of stuff for the kids, as well as for myself. And for gifts, too. Grabe talaga yung shopping na yun… :)

Sunday was spent with the kids. Heard mass, then went grocery shopping. Cooked roast chicken (again!), the kids’ favorite. After a quick lunch, went to the barber to get the kids’ hair cut. Then took a loooong afternoon nap. Not for the kids, but for me! He he he… Really, I can’t imagine how they keep so active all day while I was already drained. Well, it’s been all that shopping too, I guess. My body (as well as my wallet) was just begging for rest.

Tomorrow, am going out with the kids again. Did I mention it’s a holiday here in the Philippines tomorrow? Actually, the holiday (Bonifacio Day) is really on the 30th (Tuesday), but government decided to declare Monday a holiday instead to afford the people a 3-day weekend. No complaints here! ;->

Anyway, still so many things to do…like tidy up the room and get rid of some old magazines. Doing it tonight after updating my blog. Am not sleepy yet because of that long afternoon nap I took. Sarap!

Hmmm… what else do I need to do? Am organizing my icebreaker speech in my head. Am writing down my ideas once they come. Need to organize… Anyway, am still looking forward to a long night ahead.