Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Monday, November 15, 2004

Transition

The weekend just flew by! It was a pretty good 3-day weekend though. (An extra day off from work to mark the end of Ramadan). Last Saturday, had a chance to sleep late, and clean out and throw away some files. Also had a chance to experiment and cook 2 new dishes which I saw in a new cookbook I picked out (Pork Pata Hamonado and Empress Soup). Yummy, if I say so myself. But most importantly, the kids liked it. As Paolo would say, it’s delicious coz it was made with love. (Awww… how sweet noh?) :D

Anyway, aside from the usual chores (grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.) was able to squeeze in some pampering as well. Went to the parlor and got a trim, french manicure, and pedicure.

Come to think of it, this is my “transition weekend”. I’m psyching myself up for my first day of work tomorrow! Am kinda excited and got to admit, a ‘little’ worried. Just a little. ;-> My parents called me a 2nd time this weekend just to wish me good luck on my first day at work. :)

It’s 9:30 now, just waiting for ‘queer eye’ to finish, then am off to bed. I hope I get to sleep well tonight. I need lots of energy for tomorrow! Nighty-night!