Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween Thoughts

Whenever Halloween (or All Saints’/Souls’ Day) rolls around, I dread the deluge of horror movies and Halloween specials on tv. They have it even for cartoons now, would u believe?! If I were living alone, I would forego TV-watching altogether during Halloween. So what does that say about me? Ok, I admit it. I’m a scareddy cat! No way can you make me watch movies like “The Ring”, “Blair Witch project”, “Sixth Sense”or even the new Chinese (or is it Japanese?) horror movies which are so popular nowadays. I think the scariest movies I ever saw were “Devil’s Advocate” and “What lies beneath” and they sure gave me a lot of sleepless nights!

Another movie which made me lie awake after watching it, was “Amistad”. Definitely not a “horror” movie in the strictest sense of the word, but knowing that this was based on a true story made it difficult for me to sleep. What horrifies and scares me, goes beyond the scary movie effects, on-screen monsters, computer graphics, and such. It’s what real people can, and sadly, often do, in pursuit of money, power and riches.