Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Monday, October 25, 2004

News item

I’ve been complaining of sleepless nights for the past weeks, and decided to take the day off to rest my weary eyes. Besides, I finished all my work for the past week so am pretty sure things will go well at the office without me. Nothing pending, so I can rest here at home without feeling guilty about taking the day off.

Got up at 8:30 a.m., still quite early since I really wanted to sleep in. But the little boy (Patrick) kept trying to wake me up. He was so excited to see me home. Even Paolo was hesitant to go to school since he knew I’d be staying home. I think he was thinking that Patrick and I would be going to the mall or something. He he he...

Anyway, read this news item from PDI about TABA cops being required to read Pastor Rick Warren’s book, “The Purpose Driven Life”. TABA, by the way, stands for tamad, abusado, bastos, ayaw pa-disiplina (lazy, abusive, discourteous, incorrigible). These TABA policemen are sent to a reformatory facility for a month-long retraining which includes strenuous physical activities, and now, values training. PNP Director General Aglipay plans to institutionalize this program so as to keep policemen in “good physical and moral shape”. Considering the various scandals involving the military nowadays, maybe the government should seriously consider implementing this program across all branches of the police and military. And maybe they should involve the top brass as well. But on the other hand, I just wonder if it will still be effective. As the saying goes, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".