Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Sleepless in Mandaluyong

Aargh! These past weeks, sleep has been elusive. Dunno if it's because of everything that's going on in my life (starting with the kids getting sick, etc.)... Anyway, this morning was no different. I woke up suddenly at 2 a.m., and couldn't go back to sleep! Probably because of so many thoughts running around in my head... things to do, people to talk to, plans/projects, etc. I tinkered around with some stuff and even wrote down everything that came to mind, hoping to empty my thoughts out onto the paper. Usually that works. But sleep was still elusive. I was still wide awake!

Reading calms me down. So i picked up "The Celestine Prophecy" and started reading where i left off. After a few chapters, i felt my eyelids getting heavy. As i reached to turn off my bedside lamp... time check... 5 a.m.! Adjusted my alarm to wake me up at 7 a.m. instead of my usual 6 a.m. wake-up call. Oh well, maybe i'll be able to catch up on sleep this weekend.