Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Saturday, November 13, 2004

School readiness

Patrick will be turning 5 this coming March and this early, am making preparations as to his enrollment in school. Actually, this is not the first time he’ll be going to school. When Patrick was 3, had him enrolled at Nursery. That time, he was the youngest and smallest as his classmates were either 4 or 5 years old. But though he was the smallest, he was also the bully! So though he was doing well academically and could keep up with his classmates in that area, he was not emotionally ready for school. So by October of that year, we pulled him out of class.

A few weeks ago, I remember one incident when I was reading a magazine article. As I read out the title out loud, “Is your child ready for school?”, I looked over at Patrick. Patrick looked up at me and said, “Hindi”, while shaking his head. Hay naku…