Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Despedida

Yesterday was my last working day at the office. The past week has been soooo hectic…not just with work but with get-togethers, too! Imagine, almost all days of the past week I’ve been treated out to “despedida” (farewell) lunch by co-workers from different departments, and suppliers as well.

The last 2 days (Thursday and Friday), I was even treated out to lunch by our 2 big bosses, together with the other managers, which was such an honor! Then in the afternoon, our department (which consisted of 6 units/divisions) surprised me with a big cake with the dedication “Dear Sheila, We will surely miss you. Good luck on your new job. Love…”. They had been teasing me the past days about having a “despedida” for them, so earlier that day, I ordered pancit for merienda (snack), not knowing that they had all pitched in to buy me a cake. Another close friend gave me a chocolate cake (my favorite!), while a number gave small gifts, chocolates, etc. Then last night, may pahabol pa! :) The Sales Department treated me out to dinner and drinks, then coffee before we all headed home. All throughout these past days, have felt an outpouring from love. Lots of hugs, and everyone saying they’d miss me, and how sad they were that I was leaving. And of course, it felt good to hear people say this. As we’d say in Filipino, “nakakataba ng puso”. :D

Definitely, I will miss working with these people who have been like a second family to me these past 7 years. But it’s really time to move on, and get out of my ‘comfort zone’. :)