Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, May 27, 2005

639169077187 / 639104601474

You’re probably wondering what those cellphone numbers are for. No, they’re not mine. Here’s the story:

Last night, I was fast asleep when I heard my cellphone ring. Was still kinda half-asleep when I reached for the phone and sleepy as I was, I answered with “Good afternoon”. But I missed the call. Not less than 10 seconds later, my cellphone rang again and this time I was able to answer, but no reply from the other end. Still thinking it was people I knew, I sent both numbers a text message, “Why the missed call? Who is this please”? Well, I shouldn’t have bothered coz there was no reply.

It was past 12 midnight! Now I’m the type of person who answers the phone even at ungodly hours because I figure it could be an emergency. Like who in his right mind would call if it wasn’t an emergency, right? I actually don’t know of any of my friends who would call me at that hour! Well, I don’t know, but I felt it was really a prank and I was steamed! I was in a middle of a restful slumber and these ‘people’ bothered me. And if it was a wrong number, the least they could have done was reply to my text and say, “I’m sorry, I misdialed and got your number instead”. Or a simple "Sorry, wrong number!" would actually have been enough. But no! I had difficulty getting back to sleep after that, and I’m still mad!

So I figure since these people were so “nice” to me, I can do them a favor, too. No, I’m not going to waste my money by sending them a message again and trying to find out who they are, or who they got my number from. For me, it’s enough that I post on my blog that I’m on the lookout for the owners of these cell numbers. And to whoever it was who gave them my number in the first place, I hope that soon you’re awakened at night by the persistent ringing of your cellphone, and that you don’t get to go back to sleep, so then you will know how that feels…