Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Posting drought

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, not because I didn’t want to, or didn’t have anything to post about, but because of a very simple problem…our pc at home just can’t seem to connect to the internet. What the heck?! Dunno why… So in the meantime, decided to write whatever, then just post them all once I get a chance.

Want to end this posting "drought"! When was the last time I posted? 2 weeks ago? (Well, not counting that 1-sentence post last May 6.) Ok, update! So here goes…

What’s been keeping me busy? Work, as usual. But after work, twice a week, I have kickboxing classes. Yup! Imagine, one time I went to class, and the back of my thighs were feeling a little “achy”, and after the class, that “achy” feeling was gone. So I actually felt better after the session. Imagine that! Then for one class this past week, I turned out be the only student for the whole 1 ½ hour class! For stretching, we focused on my problem area (abs), then for the first time, had to don protective gear and sparred with the instructor. Had a very intense workout! Grabe, felt so tired after class! But surprisingly, the next day my body didn’t feel sore at all. I guess my body is so used to the stretching exercises I’ve been doing (almost) daily.
Definitely, the benefit of being healthier and thinner are my primary motivators for staying with this class, but got to admit, though i haven't lost weight, my clothes fit a lot better now. So I hope to lose a lot more inches (hopefully!) and get back in shape, enough to fit into my "skinny" jeans. ;->

The kids and I went to a swimming party last May 1, and the kids enjoyed the whole day swimming so it was no surprise that they were ‘bronze’ by days’ end. Then that same night we decided to sleep over at my best friend’s house. It’s been a while, and the kids so enjoy sleeping over at their house as it gives them a chance to play with my friend’s kids. Plus, they get to sleep late! Slumber party not just for the kids but for me and my best friend as well, since we get to chat as long as we want. He he he… :)

Right now it’s late Saturday night, and was all set to go out with two friends for dinner earlier, when I got a text message hours earlier that the dinner wasn’t pushing through. Bummer. Hopefully, we'll get to meet next week. This dinner is long overdue, and definitely, our stories have piled up since it's been months since I went out with this group of friends. Sooo many things to talk about! Haaay... :)