Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

New hobby

Got up a little earlier than usual today, just so I could check my emails from home. Barely got to post on my blog except for the past 2 days when I posted lyrics to songs I liked. If blogging were a contest, would that be cheating? hahahah... :D Well, nothing really 'news' worthy to blog about... Work? Ok. Going merrily along, I must say. :) Kids? Happy, healthy and gaining weight this vacation (which is good!). And with the kids happy, I'm happy. :) Social life? Well, this week hardly have time to meet with friends since I have a lot of things keeping me busy after office. For one, I still have Toastmasters twice a month, and this new hobby which I need to focus on 2 days a week.

Talking about that new hobby, people who know me will probably be sooo surprised that I finally took up a sport. And a contact sport at that! In high school, I 'hated' volleyball, basketball since I didn't like getting hit coz I easily bruise. The only sports I've dabbled in since then was track (running), bowling, billiards, and lastly, badminton. Actually, with bowling and billiards, they're more of what I consider part of my malling activities. Nothing I took seriously because for me, for it to qualify as a sport, it should be something that would actually help me to sweat, and lose weight in the process. But with bowling and billiards, when it's not my turn to play, I just sit down and eat! So no, these are not what I would consider "sports". :) Bwahahaha!!! As for badminton, I still enjoy playing but since I started working, haven't found any other people to play with since my schedule doesn't jive with that of my former officemates. Oh well...

So what sport have I VERY recently taken up? Ta-da-dan...KICKBOXING! yup, little old me -- dabbling in kickboxing. Can you imagine?! Me, kickboxing? I can hardly believe it myself. :) Last night was my first lesson, and oh boy, the stretching for the warm-up alone got me sweating bullets! But then, I'm sure all that stretching helped me during the actual session and today, the morning after, since I'm not feeling any pain at all in any of my joints. Though we were advised to do stretching daily, at least 5 minutes per day upon waking up, just to help loosen the joints, and avoid injury in the future.

Last night I was taught to box, the stances, the footwork, and to kick! Finally, a sport I can do to release all the pent-up anger and aggression! Bwahahaha!!! ;->

You know what I like about this sport? It's a total body workout, enhances flexibility, targets my problem areas (arms and abs), plus, since it's a form of martial arts, I can use what I learn to protect and defend myself. But the most fun part for me? I love the "surprise" factor. It's how surprised (maybe even shocked!) some people will be when I tell them I'm taking up KICKBOXING! Ha ha ha! :D

The 1 1/2 hour session last night just flew by! Whew! After that session, my shirt was drenched with sweat. Exercise? Oh yeah! I'm looking forward to my next lesson on Thursday. Am enrolled for a total of 8 sessions, so for the next month, every Tuesday and Thursday night, I'll be at Wack-Wack. What will happen after my 8 sessions? Who knows? If by that time I like the results and I'm hooked on the adrenaline rush, I might find another class to join! Only time will tell.

Got to get up, stretch out, and get ready for work. The adrenaline from last night is still pumping... :)