Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Christmas in the air

Yup, you read it right. The countdown to Christmas has begun. Actually, as early as September 1, I already heard Christmas songs on the radio, would u believe! Well, as far back as I can remember, the first day of the “ber” months, ergo, September 1, people are already happily anticipating Christmas. On radio stations and tv as well, there are the countdown to the days till December 25. Ah, only in the Philippines. :)

I felt Christmas in the air when I opened a care package from my parents. (Care package, or what we often call ‘balikbayan’ box even when there’s no balikbayan arriving with the box! Hahaha! :D). But I digress…

Opening the box, I saw a package of Gourmet shelled chestnuts! Christmas from the US. Heheheh… Anyway, I love chestnuts! So I hurriedly opened the pack and started eating away. Yum! (The kids don’t like it, which is okay, since that means more for me! Bwahahah!)

I haven’t started my ‘official’ Christmas shopping yet, but I do have a lot of items saved up already to give away. And though I dread the throng of people that I’ll surely be sharing shopping space with, I actually enjoy shopping for gifts, period. Trying to find that perfect item for the joker in the family, the “kikay” friend who loves makeup, the toys that the kids have been pleading for… Shopping galore! Now to just wait for that Christmas bonus… ;->