Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, July 20, 2007

Robbed

We were robbed last June 17. Yup, Father's Day. Over a month ago. And just a few days after my birthday. :( We heard our dog Dustin barking angrily around 3:30 a.m. I didn't mind it and instead "shusshed" him. My brother didn't mind him either, until he realized that Dustin doesn't bark! No, not even when we have guests at home he doesn't know. So when my brother realized that something was terribly wrong, he got up and went downstairs. Too late! Cabinet drawers were open, and our back door was wide open.

I'd rather not list down what was lost. and yes, i purposely didn't blog about it that time as it wasn't something that i wanted to be reminded about. I was just thankful that the robber/s didn't get a chance to go upstairs to our room. For what would have happened then? I shudder at the thought...

Anyway, a friend recently sent me a text message which related to that incident. I resonated with the message and now, I'd like to share it here.

" A man experienced being robbed by thieves. In his diary, he wrote:
"Let me be thankful:
First, because they took my purse and not my life;
second, although they took my all, it was not much compared especially to my faith;
and third, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed." '