Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, June 01, 2007

Wish List

Yes, it’s that time of the year, and just a few more days and I’ll be turning a year older. Unlike one of my friends, a big, hulking mass of a guy who dreads the coming of his birthday, I look forward to it! As I said I don’t have any issue with age. So long as I don’t look it! Hahaha!

Thinking about my birthday and looking forward to the greetings of friends, I came up with a list of my “wanna haves”… Not that I expect to have these as gifts, but then again, I can dream, can’t I? hehehe…

So, here’s a short list, not counting anymore the gifts that money can’t buy – peace of mind, long life, good health, love, financial security, joy and happiness-- but I wish I have nevertheless. Of course, priceless as well is good health for my family and loved ones…

Anyhoo, here’s the list…

* Toshiba Qosmio G30-P650 notebook PC
* State of the art Nokia cellphone
Before you think I’m a techno-geek, not at all! Chose Toshiba coz after all those years working with the distributor, I’m still of the belief that they are the best. Blind loyalty (as opposed to brand loyalty)? May be…
And Nokia because it’s still the most user-friendly phone I’ve used. I didn’t include the model anymore as considering how fast nokia comes up with new models, I’m not even updated anymore!

* BlackBerry®(no, not the fruit!)Curve™ 8300 smartphone
* Samsung sgh-d900
* SE k550i cybershot phone (for those times when I don’t have my digicam but I ALWAYS have my phone)
* Cybershot dsc-t30 digicam
* Ipod nano or creative – just so I don’t have to use my N2310 for listening to music, and thereby draining its battery

As if my night stand isn’t already full of books (unfinished, half-read) of various titles and subject matter, I would still like to have the following to add to my already hefty collection:
* “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” by J.K. Rowling
* “Kitchen Confidential” by Anthony Bourdain
* "For One more day” by Mitch Albom
* “Tropical Living: Contemporary Dream Houses in the Philippines”
by Elizabeth V. Reyes
* “Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men - One Message”
by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki
* “Malinche: A Novel” by Laura Esquivel
* InStyle magazine’s book, “Secrets of Style”
* “Tales from the Bed” by Jenifer Estess
* Shel Silverstein books

And an assortment of “STUFF” (in no particular order… hehehe)
* DKNY stainless steel and rhinestone watch (which I saw in a mag and promptly salivated over)
* A 3-bedroom condo at the Fort
* Subscription to SELF magazine (which I happen to already get ‘delayed’ via my mom from the US)
* A new spanking gas range with oven (for cooking my special lasagna)
* A room airconditioner (1.5 hp window-type will do)
* Flat screen plasma TV
* $$$$$$ for my savings account
* Bouquet of flowers
* Dinner at Nielsen’s or Spirals --- the buffet there is excellent! (yum yum!)
* Margarita & paella at Cena
* 1 month vacation in Boracay
* A lifetime supply of Chapstick (any variant) and Oil of Olay Complete (moisturizer and sunscreen)
* GC to any of the following stores (amount open):
• Body Shop or Lush or both (me like to smell so nice…)
• The Farm at San Benito
• Sari-Sari or Space or Ba-yo (even Bench or Cinderella will do)
• CPK (I miss their ravioli!)
• National Bookstore / Powerbooks
• Red Ribbon (desserts, desserts, desserts!!!)

Looking at the list, it’s in a disarray. In no particular order, no order of preference… Just a wish list! These are the same things I will buy for myself when a windfall comes my way. So I’m keeping this list handy, as I just placed a bet for that Php 50M lotto jackpot. ;->