Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Brings back memories...

I recently bought my son's required books for the coming school year, and on his list are "Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White, and "Door in the Wall" by Marguerite De Angeli.

It brought back memories of my own favorite books which I read when I was in grade school. I distinctly remember loving "Trumpet of the Swan" by E.B. White. And I was also a big Judy Blume fan! I remember getting these books from my US-based relatives, reading and re-reading my copies of "Are you there God? It's me, Margaret" and of course, my all-time favorite ... "Otherwise known as Sheila the Great". Guess why. hahaha! :D

Years later, I would read "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. But growing up reading her, I can't shake off the feeling of "aargh"... can't explain it. 'Nuff said.

Paolo on his own, started reading the Harry Potter books this summer. And he got hooked! After reading HP1, he quickly started on HP2, and so on, and now, he's trying to finish HP5. He's taking the book everywhere we go, and reads it every chance he gets, coz he knows that once school starts, he won't be able to finish the book. Addicted? hehehe. Can't say I blame him. He got his "book-loving, bookworm" genes from me. :)

Last night, before bedtime, while lying in bed, I noticed that we all had books in our hands. Paolo was reading Harry Potter, Patrick was reading his "Ask" book series, while I was leafing through a womens' mag. All together. Quietly reading in bed. It's all good. :D