Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Visiting friends

Got off work early to do an ocular inspection of the different venues for our Christmas party, and later on decided to drop by my previous employer’s office. It was nice to see old friends again, if even for such a short while. It was like a homecoming with my co-workers welcoming me with open arms, placing leis on my neck, shouting welcome…oops! cut to tropical dream accidentally again… ;->

Seriously, it felt VERY nice to re-visit my former co-workers and feel the friendly welcome. Even from my boss, the COO. Busy as he was, it felt good that he took the time to see me and chat. The fact that I didn’t leave any work hanging, that I turned over well to my predecessor, and even actually helped find my replacement, these things they appreciated. I’m actually quite proud to say that with all the companies I’ve worked with previously, both employees and managers alike (well, most of them!) they were sad to see me go. Lesson learned, don’t burn any bridges.