Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Angst…and joy

I don’t know why, but I was such in a foul mood the whole day yesterday. I was pretty okay actually, but friends noticed how easily irritable I was. More than usual, I guess. My good friend Dan sent me text that he was in the area and would drop by for coffee, and what do I text back? “Now na!” Not even a “hi” or “okay”… Then after a few more minutes with me texting him, “where are you? Will you take long? I don’t want to wait! You better take a cab already!” etc. Gosh, I was so impatient it’s a wonder that Dan still decided to drop by after sensing in my messages that all was not well with me. He assumed it was just one of those days in a female’s life but nope. And up to now, I just don’t know what it was. Just felt particularly irritable and impatient, period. Don’t bother to ask once more, or all hell might break loose.  Yup, it was that bad…

When I got home, just wanted to stay in bed. So after kissing the kids, went up to bed to read a magazine. A little later, Paolo went up to the room, smiling sheepishly. He had a handful of fries, and offered this to me, and gave me a peck on the cheek. Patrick was not far behind, and with a naughty smile on his lips, he came over, gave me a hug and a kiss on the lips! Wow! I hugged the kids and told them that earlier I was in a bad mood, and just how seeing them earlier had ‘dissolved’ my foul mood. But it was their hugs and kisses which really melted ALL my stresses away. True! Any parent can surely relate to the feeling. That felt good. :D