Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Birthday

Yup, I turned another year older yesterday. The celebration started Thursday though, when I treated my kickboxing group to a modest dinner of pancit (noodles), bread, and just soda. Then Friday afternoon, when I treated my co-workers to merienda. Ordered 2 big bilaos of pancit puti (white noodles with lotsa garlic, pork, & other good stuff), lumpiang shanghai, puto (2 different varieties -- asado, and salted egg), and pichi-pichi. Yum yum! All native stuff so don't get me explaining what they are anymore. :) Anyway, everyone enjoyed the treat. And so they should... :)

Didn't go out that Friday though there were earlier plans with my friends to go to our favorite nightspot in greenbelt to partake of our fave drink, dalandan margarita. But a week back, I just didn't feel like pushing through with the party. Call it the birthday "blues" if you wish, but just couldn't get myself to go out. So went home pretty early to be with the kids, with the promise that we'd go out Saturday, which happened to be my actual birth day.

So anyway, was just lounging in my bedroom, when I heard a knock on the door. Almost 12 midnight, mind you! And who would it be, but one of my "Wills" with a box of my favorite, KFC! So surprised and touched by his gesture. And it’s the first time that somebody has done this type of thing for me! “Asalto” is what they call it – surprise for the eve of the birthday. Then later on, a little after 12 midnight, I got a call on my cellphone from another one of my "Wills”. Awwww….how sweet... The next day was no different, 1 more “Will” called me on the phone to sing me the birthday song, and to gab! The rest of the day, got lots of phone calls, and text messages, and emailed cards from friends from all over! The three top surprises on my list? Well of course, aside from the “asalto” from one of my “Wills”, what surprised me the most were 3 greetings from 3 people I didn’t expect at all. One call was from a dear friend from way back, who called from the Middle East! So sweet a gesture just to let me know that I wasn’t forgotten. Then there was this one email I got was from a new friend from California, someone who I was corresponding with before, but who suddenly vanished from the planet, or so I thought... And of course, this one other person who has been on my mind, and admittedly, still in my heart (but maybe just a little). ;-> Also got flowers, and gifts. It was a good day, actually, a GREAT day… *sigh* :D

Well, anyway, let me just say this... everyone who should HAVE called, DID. Plus, a handful more! So it was really a week of surprises, from various friends from all over, from grade school, to high school, to my past jobs… people I haven’t talked to in a long time. I can't believe that even my former bosses sent me text messages to greet me! Bongga! :D

For the kids, the past 2 weekends have been spent at the mall, and eating at their favorite Japanese restaurants. And also preparing dessert of Oreo cheesecake for them here at home. The kids were also very sweet the past week, yes, more so than before, since they’ve always been sweet to me. Yes, my life is complete. :D

Oh, and another thing. My youngest son, Patrick, got a call to do a VTR for a cologne commercial. Keeping our fingers crossed that he gets the project. Who knows, that would be a nice birthday gift for the mommy, right? He he he… :D

Happy birthday to me... :D