Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Worthy pursuits

My kids are growing up soooo fast. I remember when Paolo was still a baby... He was big-- 7 lbs. 10 oz.! He had curly, brown hair and was (still is!) fair skinned that he'd actually be mistaken for a girl. But when he turned a year old, his hair became straight. He was such a sweet and happy baby. Always smiling and giggling, and he just loved to have his picture taken. Show him a camera and his whole face lights up to a wide smile! :D

Patrick was also born quite big -- 7 lbs. 4 oz.! Though not as fair as his kuya, we knew he was also going to be a lot fairer coz the skin around his ears was fair. And when he'd cry, his whole face would crumple up and turn really red like catsup! Ha ha ha! Patrick was not as giggly as his kuya, and i remember then, Paolo was the only one who could make him laugh. Just playing peek-a-boo with his kuya, or hearing his kuya's fake laugh, would make Patrick laugh, too! :D

Just thinking about these things now makes me smile. Time flies so fast. Paolo is in second grade now while Patrick will also be again starting Nursery. sigh. I was showing my friends' pictures of my kids and a friend commented. "They're growing up to be fine young boys" and i remember how proud i felt hearing that. :D

Am really working on giving my kids great childhood memories that they'll treasure as they grow older. They're not gonna be mine forever, i know. Just a few years from now, they'll shy away from their mommy's kisses. Binata na eh. So for now, i'll make sure to always hug and kiss them and DO my very best to be a good parent, and love them unconditionally. Love them not "because", or "if" ... but just love them, PERIOD. Isn't that a worthy pursuit? :)