Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Friday, August 27, 2004

Comfort zone

have been feeling "dreary" about work and was considering looking for another job. this feeling has been with me the past couple of months. and as answer to my prayers, a friend called me the other night to tell me about a career opportunity. and in training (which i've always wanted to do)! A plus would be the opportunity to travel abroad to conduct, as well as attend, trainings and seminars!

I should have been excited, right? well, funny, but i wasn't. i suddenly was having second thoughts and questioning myself if this was really something i COULD do. i knew i wanted to do it, but doubt crept in and i was asking myself how ready i was to take on this challenge, and this change in my life. In other words, I was getting COLD FEET!

I was surprised at myself, and then i realized that the doubt was due to my stepping out of my comfort zone. Though i've always wanted a change, now that the opportunity was present, i was having doubts! KAINES! I could just kick myself!

so i stopped worrying, took a deep breath, and just told my friend that yes, i'd love to explore that career opportunity. i didn't want to be too excited. first things first. i took the first step and submitted my resume'. so am now waiting if and when i'll be interviewed.

And as always, am praying... that if this is truly the right job for me, then things will just fall into place. no expectations. :D