Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Mid-year review

you know those mid-year reviews? just had one at the office and had to present our department's accomplishment against our objectives, etc.. and it got me thinking about my own New Year's resolutions. below is my list and how i fared:

- Lose weight!!! (which i think, is one of the most common New Year's resolutions).
Anyway, i planned to do this by playing badminton, eating less, and taking nightly walks around our church park (during the nights when i don't have badminton). badminton? check! have been playing regularly 2x a week for 2 hours per session. :) eating less? hmmm... EEKK! definitely something i have to seriously pay more attention to. but what can i say? i love to eat! as for taking nightly walks, i was able to do this regularly only until last may. just can't seem to find the time (nor the energy) to take nightly walks.

- Read 1 book a month. I was able to accomplish this effortlessly last year, but am having trouble this year. Last year, when i finished my 16th book by September, i stopped reading altogether. no use trying to achieve more than what i planned! he he he... but this year, have only read a handful of books. just can't seem to finish what i start! oh well! i'll have to do better. any good book recommendations, anyone?

- Learn to cook 1 new dish per month. getting there! but maybe this is also the reason that my #1 resolution isn't getting accomplished! when i cook, i have to eat. hmmm... let me re-think if i'm going to push through with this one. or maybe i have to specify that i will learn to cook 1 new healthy, low-fat dish/meal per month. sounds better... :)

will check out my list again tomorrow... :D