Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Twisted

I remember before i used to love reading "Twisted" by Jessica Zafra. She was funny and sarcastic both at the same time. She really could make me laugh. :D Thinking about it now, maybe i liked reading it coz she wasn't afraid to express her thoughts on a myriad of issues, controversial or not. And she was tough! Someone who wouldn't back down. and sorry you, if you crossed her path on one of her bad days. Funny, smart, and tough... not a bad combination. nope, not bad at all. :)

Which made me think about my earlier blog "Rantings..." come to think of it, i'm a pretty mild-mannered person and not the type to "rant and rave". hmmm... "muse" would be more like it. i just speak my piece and if a person disagrees with me, fine. no need to butt heads about it. BUT i do remember an instance a few months back when i got into an argument with an old classmate from college. we all got together (7 of us) to meet with another friend who had migrated to the US, and who was in town for a vacation. so we were all talking about old times, and updating each other on our lives since college. and 2 of us (my friend from the US and me) had actually almost the same negative experience with our ex-es. and while we were relating the things we went through one of our classmates (i hesitate now to call her a friend), bluntly commented, "how could you have been so stupid, blah blah blah, and how she was so lucky having been so blessed with a husband who loves her, blah blah blah". And i can tell you, i was so pissed off!! I literally felt my whole face becoming hot! Grrrr... how dare she judge us?! How insensitive!

So i spoke up and gave her a piece of my mind! I told her that we didn't feel as if we were victims, but survivors. and both better persons because of it! Until she had been in that same situation, she had no right to judge us or to say what we did was right or wrong. she had no right to judge us for our circumstances, period! and yes, she was lucky, and hopefully, she never would experience the things we went through. because for one, she may not be strong enough, or live long enough to tell her tales. you never know, right?

that time i was so surprised at the anger i felt for her remark, but more so, at how good it felt to stand up for ME. :)