Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Sick... & tired

I’m at home sick! :(

There’s no right time to get sick. But then, who likes being sick anyway? I hate this, I hate this, I hate this! Runny nose, sore throat, sneezing/wheezing, sore muscles, dizziness... aaarrrrgggghhh! Can’t medicines work any faster? I actually think I o’d on sleep! Getting too much sleep, your back aches, your head aches, everything aches! And when you pull yourself out of bed, you’re so dizzy that you just want to crawl back in bed!

Nothing like getting sick to put everything in perspective. Anything and everything that was absolutely, could not be postponed, inevitably was. That meeting which just had to be squeezed in this day, that report due ‘yesterday’… suddenly everything turns out to have a ‘flexible’ deadline after all! Which makes me think all the more that all this pushing to finish everything was what caused me to be sick in the first place!

But being here at home, “bonding” with my couch, getting to watch all those great new shows on ETC, poring through my back issues of O magazine, and seeing the smile on my sons’ faces when they find out I’m staying home… hmmm, I could seriously learn to enjoy being home. BUT without the runny nose, sore throat, sneezing, sore muscles, & dizziness ha!

Now the trick would be to find work I can do at home which will pay the bills! Hmmm… let me get back to the couch and relax some more. Who knows, maybe that one great idea is gonna be in that dream I’ll be having later. It’s back to dreamland for me. Ta-ta!