Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Monday, August 25, 2008

"I don't suffer from Insanity"... Part 3

Part 3 to help us plod through the rest of the work week. The long weekend was just glorious!

August 22

It's not that I'm against exercise. It's just that when I look at my body I feel it's already been punished enough!

August 23

Put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another... But above all these things put on love.

Colossians 3:12-14 NKJV

August 24

When we start thinking of things we can do, we begin with prayer -- surely one of the most important ways we can help. In addition to praying for those who are wrestling with grief, probably the next most important thing we can do is listen to them!

August 25

The church is supposed to be a hospital for sinners, not a hotel for saints.

August 26

We need to put things into eternal perspective and remember the promise of Romans 8:28 that God makes everything -- even calamities -- work for our good. Sometimes it's awfully hard to wait for the "good" to "work."

In all things God works for the good of those who love him.

Romans 8:28

August 27

Veni, vidi, visa

Translation: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.

August 28

Sometimes we feel like we're smothering under the weight of all our problems, then someone comes along and fluffs us us with a word of encouragement.

August 29

No matter how smart we are, weary mothers need lots of help and encouragement -- the kids that comes from family and friends, and especially the kids that comes from God.