Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, August 10, 2008

“I don’t suffer from Insanity… I enjoy every minute of it!” :D

Just sharing some “insights” from my desk calendar, “I don’t suffer from Insanity… I enjoy every minute of it!” by Barbara Johnson. I figure we can all use a laugh! Enjoy! :D


August 1
Priceless gifts to give for FREE:
o The gift of favor: Every day, go out of your way to do something kind for someone.


August 2
Church Bulletin Blunders:
“ The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind, and they may be seen in the church basement on Friday. “


August 3
Dear Lord, prop us up in all our leaning ways.

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Isaiah 41:10


August 4
A strong sense of humor can help us survive any situation, but laughter doesn’t make our problems disappear. Instead, we hold fast to the grace He gives us to tolerate today, and we trust Him to carry our burdens in His strong, loving hands – then we laugh! God’s grace is a miracle in itself.


August 5
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do – and the eyesight to know the difference.


August 6
I’ve been very good about watching my weight. I watch it go up and down and up and down. I heard someone call this “the rhythm method of girth control!”


August 7
Life becomes much easier, once you get through youth, middle age, and old age.
- Ashleigh Brilliant


August 8
Prayer is asking for rain. Faith is carrying an umbrella.


August 9
The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you’re off it.


August 10
There are several things that may cause men’s stress levels to rise. One stressful activity is brushing their hair and finding that they’re becoming, shall we say, “follicularly challenged”.


August 11
A little smile can brighten someone’s day. And while you’re smiling you might as well go one step further and share a chuckle or two.


August 12
When we’re thinking of ways we can follow Jesus’ example and show a servant’s heart to those in need, there’s no better gift we can give them than the hope of heaven!


August 13
Then you will call out, and the Lord will answer. You will cry out, and He will say, “Here I am”.
- Isaiah 58:9 NCV


August 14
This bumper sticker was punctuated with a bold cross: No matter which direction I’m heading, I’m homeward bound!