Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

LPG power

I took a cab going home tonight. While looking out the window, I happened to glance at the writings inside the cab, and was surprised by the sign saying that it was an LPG-powered cab. So curious as I was, I decided to ask the taxi driver some questions. To make the long story short, here are his answers. You guess the questions ala “Jeopardy”… Come on, use your coconut! Hahaha! :D

- Yes, LPG is available in some gas stations (and in cases when your tank is empty and you can't find LPG in one station, you can opt to use gas instead!)
- Conversion of a vehicle from gas- to LPG-powered, costs roughly Php 26k
- Using an LPG-powered vehicle will come out cheaper since the price difference per liter between gas and LPG now is Php 12.00
- This was started because of the Clean air act, and currently used in many countries since it emits less smoke

Ok, so that’s the long and short of it (literally)! :)