Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, December 30, 2007

pre-Media Noche

Today I cooked chili garlic prawns for lunch as per the kids' request. It's not often that they make these types of request, and since it was a holiday anyway, I obliged. Of course, as expected, after the meal, I had two very satisfied and happy customers. :)

This early, I’m already starting the pre-work for tomorrow's media noche. I’ve cut up and washed the veggies for the salad, grated cheese for the lasagna, cut up the veggies I'll be using for the pasta sauce, etc. Our maid has been on extended vacation, so the less work for me tomorrow, the better!

Our menu for media noche?
- Lasagna
- Roast chicken and pork
- Salad (veggies, apples and blue cheese)

The rest of our feast, I'm buying ready-made. Or my friends are bringing over. I don't want to over-exert myself and prepare so much. The less stress for me, the better! The focus of our get-together would be the company of friends. And besides, there's so much food in the ref already and I hate the idea of throwing away food! So there!