Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Saturday, October 20, 2007

October 19 - Glorietta blast

I'm still reeling from the news on the Glorietta blast. I still can't believe it happened. A friend emailed to me pictures of Glorietta II after the blast, and I was shocked at the devastation. Even cars parked outside Glorietta II were not spared. I recalled that hours earlier, I had driven by Glorietta on my way to Pasay Road. I was there for just a few minutes, but what if? Gives me goosebumps.

I was originally planning on posting the pictures here, but decided against it. I think it would be better to share what we learned from this incident. I got another email, from the hubby of one of the victims of the blast. What struck me most was what he said, "All I want now is that for each of us here to cherish each moment that we spend with our loved ones. Pretty simple to say, very easy to take for granted."

I have nothing to add to that. Let's just pray for all the victims of the blast.