Thought Bubbles...

musings, rantings, and what-have-you, about my own small part of the world, and my 'sometimes' not so-ordinary life...something to read and reflect on, and which hopefully will bring a smile to your face... :)

Sunday, September 16, 2007

How to make laundry soap

As a mom, I'm always trying to find ways to save on money. Times are hard, or haven't you noticed? So when my brother sent me this link, I was taking down notes of the ingredients.

Aside from the Arm & Hammer Super Washing soda and borax, which I don't think are readily available, the rest of the ingredients are pretty easy to find. Just a bar of soap, and lots of water. According to the lady in the video, it costs less than a dollar to make, takes less than an hour to make, and lasts her and her family (composed of 2 adults and 1 baby)3 months. I'm definitely trying this out when I get the ingredients.

Here's the link: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/821928/video/R/CFD_1002/